Thursday 27 March 2014

California Dreaming

USA! USA! I love America. Love love love it, I'd move there today if I could. 
The first time I went to America was back in 2007 to Disney World Florida with my boyfriend and his family. We had such a good time we booked up to go again in 2008 as soon as we got home. Jump to a few months later, both of us were unhappy in our crappy jobs and felt like we needed to do something exciting. So we decided to scrimp and save so we could extend our two week holiday in Florida to a ten week trip across America, it was amazing! 


We got the travel bug and as soon as we got back to the UK we got boring temp jobs and started planning our return trip the following year, we went again for a month in 2009. In 2010 we went back againnnn, this time for a family holiday to Florida. We then went cold turkey in 2011 and 2012 so we could be sensible and actually save our money for boring stuff that you're supposed to buy when you're a grown up, like a house, snoooooze.

So we were super excited to go back to America last September and even more thrilled when my best friend and her boyfriend said they'd love to come along to! We decided we wanted to go to California, starting in San Francisco, driving down the California coast to Los Angeles and stopping off in Big Sur along the way. It was epic! California is beautiful, every turn is a photo opportunity and I took a hell of a lot of photos along the way. So I thought I'd share some over a few posts.


First off we flew to San Francisco where we camped out for four nights in the most amazing apartment I've ever stayed in. It was just around the corner from the Castro, San Francisco's famous gay district. We spent our days exploring the streets, walking until our legs felt ready to drop off, eating pizza and more pizza, taking a trip to Alcatraz and cycling over San Francisco bridge. That was a definate highlight! Espesically since we got to do it with two other friends who happened to be in San Francisco at the same time.

It's such an amazing city. We did alot whilst we were there but I could definitely go back and find a hundred more things to do that we didn't get chance to. 

These are just "a few" photos from our time there all shot on film using my Chinon SLR, Instax 210, Instax mini and my Kodak point and shoot.....


I'd love to see any of your holiday photos shot on film, send me your links! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment